Your templates will populate as a report on every inspection you schedule. You can set your default template for each service type by setting up your Services & Fees.
Here's a video demo for template editing:
1.Go to the Templates tab near the top of the page
2. Click on My Templates to see which templates you have downloaded to your Spectora account
3. Click on the Template Center to browse other templates that are available for you to download for free
4. Click on the 3 dot button to explore template settings, import from another software, or add/delete a template
If you are importing a template from another software, click the 3 dot button > +Add Template, then choose import from another software
5. Take note of the headers: Sections, Items, Comments
Sections are the largest section, encompassing both Items and comments
Items are organized within sections, and contain comments
Comments will show as the content on your report. You can have informational, limitation, and deficiency comments.
You can choose from 7 different formats for Informational Comments. They are: checkbox, multiple choice, date, number, numeric range, signature, and text. Each will require you to do something different in order to make the comment "complete". Watch the video above for a more in-depth explanation of each type! (4:32 in the video)
Limitation comments will simply show why you were not able to inspect something. For example, "snow on the roof" would be a limitation to your inspection
You can have up to 3 types of Deficiency Comments, and you can set those up by going to template settings (click the 3 dot button or the title of your template to get to template settings)
6. Click on the title of your Template (for example, InterNACHI Residential Template)
Here you will see your template settings. Explore this area, as you can customize a lot of things including: template name, friendly display name that will show to customers, header text, display options for web and PDF, item ratings, and defect categories.
7. Decide whether you'd like to use "Classic" or "Custom" Item Ratings. Item ratings are the buttons you will select when you are inspecting to indicate something was Inspected, Not Inspected, etc. Here's an article to learn more about classic and custom ratings
8. Notice that some Sections/Items are blue and some are grey.
Blue sections are Included in Every Report, they will populate in your reports every time
Grey sections are Optional Sections, they will not populate in your report automatically. You can add these reports in the field if you need them by clicking the +Section button, then "Add Optional Section". Inspectors use this feature for pools, and other things that may not be present in all homes.
You can change an optional section to be included in every report by hovering over the name of the optional section or item, clicking the pencil icon, then click the dropdown that says Optional, and change it to "Included in Every Report". Don't forget to scroll down and SAVE!
9. You can copy or delete any Section or Item by hovering over the name, then clicking either the double paper icon or the trash can icon.
10. You can click and drag any Section, Item, or Comment to reorder them
11. You can move an entire Item (including all comments!) by hovering over the Item name, and clicking the blocks icon
12. You can add reminders that will show in the app while you're on-site. To do this, click the pencil icon next to any section or item. Scroll down and type in the Reminder box. Don't forget to click Save! Here's how it will look in the app:
Want to dive deeper? Here's a more in-depth demo on template editing