Sometimes an app updating while you're in the middle of an inspection can cause problems like changed settings or even lost data. Avoid this by disabling app auto-updating:
iOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap on App Store (or formerly iTunes & App Store).
- Tap on the toggle switch for App Updates to turn it off so that it goes from green to gray. If it’s already gray, then the setting is already changed and there’s nothing you need to do further.
Once the above settings are applied any app updates won’t automatically download and install on your iPhone or iPad, but you will have to open up the App Store every time and check for app updates.
By default, Android apps downloaded from the Google Play Store are automatically updated.
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play.
- Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.