It is important to note that you will need to complete your reports on a mobile device. You can make edits, write narratives, add photos and annotations on the web after you have completed the report onsite.
We recommend you watch this demo before reading the article to get a feel for the flow of report writing on the app:
1.Download the Spectora App from the App Store or Play Store
2. Schedule an inspection on your account using the +New Inspection button on your Dashboard
3. Once you have an inspection scheduled for today, you swipe down on your Dashboard on the App, and it will update with today's inspection.
4. Tap on the inspection, then tap the name of the report you want to edit
5. Begin writing your report!
- Add a location tag, copy a comment, delete, flag for later, take photos, take videos, or add photos from your device gallery within each comment
- Use the arrow > button at the bottom right corner of your screen to move to the next Section or Item in order.
- Select the Defect button and scroll down to reveal your defect comments for this Item.
- Swipe left on any item to Delete or Duplicate
- To add an Optional Section or Optional Item, click the +Section or +Item, then click +Add Optional Section/Item. These have to be set up in Templates. Here's how to set up optional sections and items.
6. When you are done editing your report, go back to the inspection details page and click SAVE to save your information to the Cloud. Once it's done saving, you will be able to see your completed report on spectora.com.
- If you made changes on the web, and you want to see them reflected on your app, click the SYNC button to pull that information from the Cloud to your device.
- For inspectors using multiple devices or team inspecting, click SAVE on each device to push the information to the web, then sync to pull down the complete report.
- Click More Options to view the report on a web browser, view the invoice, force sync, and go back to the inspection details page
- Click Publish if you are completely done and wish to publish to the client and agent on-site!
Here is an article detailing a basic inspection flow using the Spectora App!