If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth at least a few hundred photos! When it comes to figuring out bugs nothing helps us more than seeing a step-by-step recreation of the issue you're experiencing. Creating a video and sending it to us is super-simple and you can do it right in our chat bubble. Often the two minutes it takes will save you from explaining your issue via text, which is notoriously difficult, time-consuming, and prone to unclear wording. Help us help you!
Apple has made it amazingly easy to record a video:
Record your screen
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply on and tap Microphone.
- Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
- Open Control Center and tap . Or tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
Go to the Photos app and select your screen recording.
Grab any screen recording app like Lollipop Screen Recorder to record a video to send our way!
Here's an article listing several more options for screen recording.
(We'll try out some of these options and update this article later once we've determined the easiest one!)